Friday, September 9, 2011

Buried In My Heart

We met when I was 8 and I took her home to love. With my mom and dad, she became apart of our family. She alerted us of every possible sound in the neighborhood. And ran and jumped high for her ball. She stayed by my side when I wanted to be alone and outside my house. She even helped me open gates and played tag. She waited excitedly at the door after her walks for a treat from mom. And brought her ball to dad when he got home. She loves being brushed and hates sharing my attention. She met many of my friends and boyfriends over the years. She saw me grow up, have a baby and marry my high school sweetheart that I didn't even know for half her life.
Now at 13 God decided that she needs a new home. Even though she is in so much pain, she never cries. She never cried as a puppy. Like other close and very special family members she has cancer that will take her from her family. I never really believed in a heaven for dogs. And I am not sure that I do now, But to think that she could ever be gone is the hardest to accept. In her last weeks she will be comfortable. We will not let her suffer. She gave us her heart and she will live forever in ours. I love you Friskey and I will promise to keep you happy and comfy until your last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment