Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Child Needs a Home

I read blogs about amazing people who give their lives to taking care of babies who have horrible diseases. I read about the slim chance that their children have of making it to their next birthday. When I read about these people, I see how much God has done in the world. He blessed these children with unselfish parents to care for them, and he gave the parents the beautiful gift of seeing miracles every day in their ill children. I wish I had the faith and selflessness to choose to care for a child with a terminal illness because their own family refuses. I wish I had the strength to even give a child who had a disability a home, but the truth is I am way to selfish.
I have not done enough to even support charities who fund places and families. I fuss constantly about the time I dont have to do homework, work more hours, cook dinner, play with my little girl, or spend time with my husband. THen I think, well then what the heck am I spending all my time doing?
What am I doing that is so important that it takes so much time away from my life? The truth is I may have a busy schedule, but I also complain about having to change a dirty diaper, constantly hold or entertain my own child when I am home.
These are all reasons why I am selfish. I know no one really reads my blog. Its not that fancy and I dont really have a lot of interesting things to say. But I would like to point out that there are so many children who need our love and care. Even if we can't adopt a child we can volunteer our time.
I want to make a personal goal to stop complaining about the time I dont have to spend on things and enjoy to extra time I have to dedicate to helping children who need special attention and love. God knows it will not be easy. Especially for a complainer like me, but maybe through prayer and effort I can help make their little world more comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment