Thursday, February 17, 2011

The happiest person in the World

Every morning I have the pleasure of waking up to a beautiful baby smile. SHe wakes up every morning with this wonderful outlook on life. "I have nothing to fear because mommy is here with me and will take care of me, then I get to go to daycare and play with my friends." She has nothing to stress over. SHe knows she will be fed, comforted and entertained. SHe has nothing to worry over, nothing to bring her entire day down.
If we woke up in the morning with this same general outlook, we would be never have a horrible day, just unfortunate moments. If we wake up thinking today will be great because my basic needs will be met and I will encounter different people along the way. We can't do anything about people hurting our feelings or if we obtain an illness, but we can control our reactions and our thought process.
A baby will get hurt or hungry and cry but then it gest better and they soon forget what happened to make them sad in the first place. I am also not saying my daughter is without a doubt the happiest person to ever exist, but she only knows her thoughts and at this point in her life, as in any baby's life, she is the happiest baby in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment